Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mystery Writers / Shifting Sands

I have been an indie writer and blogger for about 10 years, now. Over the years I have made alliances, friendships, and connections with a lot of people.

I got very serious about writing in 2004. That was the year that My Secret Obsession made her debut on the internet, and over the last seven years, she has grown to astounding proportions and enjoys a remarkable amount of traffic. I think the biggest month ever was this February 2011, when we got 1,669,000 hits.

Occasionally, I will have a writer to get in contact with me with a very good piece of work that they are afraid to publish. The work is usually of extreme sexual subject matter.

I collaborate with some writers, as some of you may know. But- this is different.

For instance- I am working right now with . . . someone. I do not know for certain if this artist / writer is actually a woman, but whoever it is claims to be a woman. I have received at least 100 photographs that prove this artist to be quite accomplished, and the work is unlike anything that I have ever seen before. It is startling, kinky, and wrong . . . but soooo exciting.

And the manuscript that I have been sent to edit is VERY good! It explores dick abuse and the psychology behind it in a very matter of fact way, and then goes on to a surprising end.

The person that wrote this story is obviously very intelligent, talented and promises to send another book soon.

I keep trying to tell this person that I need to be able to send royalties, and that marketing must be done.

It is being left up to me.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. The author of Secretly Bound, by the Mysterious Jade, also sought my help in editing and mentorship. Now we love each other dearly, and she has taken ownership of her book and is in a relationship with the rock star, Jamie Nova, of WitchBurn. She has made many impressive contacts, and in return has helped ME.

The novel that I am currently working on should be out by the end of August. The pen name for the author is simply, Clara. She (or he) claims to live in Australia, but there is a German influence over the humor and terminology used in this story. The name of the novel is, Shifting Sands.

I am almost finished editing and will be submitting this 46,500 word novel to SmashWords, and maybe to Lulu.com if they agree to my terms. They usually do.

So this is what I have been doing instead of Tweeting. I hope you enjoy this mysterious novel.

I would also love to hear speculations of it's origins.

My Secret Obsession Lesbian Erotica

No comments:

Post a Comment